We are currently looking for qualified, eligible candidates with good attention to detail for a position at Advanced Diesel. The primary skills required include ability to utilize factory diagnostic tools to effectively troubleshoot problems found on new diesel trucks and equipment. Must have basic knowledge of all truck systems, and ability to be flexible taking on different projects. A qualified individual needs to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with customers on a daily basis.
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Repairing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
Diesel Mechanic Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive field.
- ASE Certification advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license/CDL preferred
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components.
- Good IT and diagnostic skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- NH State Inspection License